Ref NoNP.18
TitleBROADWINDSOR CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH/VENN UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, BROADWINDSOR.
Date1891-1993
LevelFonds
AdminHistoryThe church was built in 1816 on land given by George Trenchard. It was initially shared by the local anglicans and congregationalists. The anglicans eventually left and built Blackdown Chapel of Ease. In 1850 Hugh Trenchard allowed Mr Dunster and his Baptist congregation to hold evening services at the chapel. Following complaints the Revd Bater was appointed and the Baptists were ejected. It was at this point that the Trenchard's handed over the ownership of the church and burial ground to the Dorset Congregational Union. In 1892-1893 a major renovation of the church took place. In 1993 the church was closed.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019