Ref NoNG-HH/BT[B]
TitlePORT BREDY HOSPITAL, BRIDPORT.
DescriptionRegisters (1836-1952)
Date1836 - 1952
LevelFonds
AccessConditionsRestricted Access to all patients' records less than 100 years old; please contact the Dorset History Centre for further details
AdminHistoryPort Bredy Hospital was originally established in 1836 as the workhouse for the Bridport Poor Law Union in Bridport. It reamined as the workhouse until the passing of the 1929 Local Government Act which abolished the Poor Law Authorities and transferring their responsibilities for 'public assistance' to the local authorities.. Port Bredy Geriatric Hospital was established in 1948 with the creation of the National Health Service. The Hospital was closed in 1996 and the buildings converted to residential use..
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020