Ref NoD-WLC/T/4
TitleCopy of letters patent of Henry VIII granting to Sir Thomas Poynings.
DescriptionThe site of Bindon Abbey, manors of Bindon, Wool, East Burton, East Chaldon, West Chaldon, Hethfelton, Burngate, Little Bindon, West Lulworth, Bovington, farms called Woodstreet, East Chaldon, Hethfelton, Bovington, Holcombe and Burngate, 3 watermills in Bindon and Wool, 2 messuages in Winfrith Newburgh, wood called le Parke and close called Obland in West Burton, various woods, all possesssions of the lately dissolved monastery of Bindon. Also manors of East Ringstead and Holworth (possessions of the lately dissolved monastery of Milton). Also messuages etc. in Woolbridge, Winfrith and East Lulworth (possessions of the lately dissolved monastery of Cerne). Also manor of Sedgehill in Barwick St. Leonard, Wiltshire (possession of the lately dissolved monastery of Shaftesbury). Also manor and park of Westenhanger in Standford, Kent. (Copy made c.1706).
Date(1540)
Extent1 doc
LevelFile
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020