Ref NoD-1170
TitlePANTONS OF WAREHAM, SWANAGE AND RINGWOOD, BREWERS.
Date1774-1897
LevelFonds
AdminHistoryFrom 1869 the Company was known as 'James A and H J Panton' (James Albert and Henry James) when the two brothers entered into a partnership. The deed of partnership stipulated that the Company was to last for the life of their father James Panton and for 21 years after his death, although either could leave the partnership 10 years after his death. James Panton died in December 1873 and his son Henry James died in February 1877. Henry's widow Elizabeth (who remarried c. 1882 to become Elizabeth Kittoe) was left a life interest in his half of the business under his will.. In May 1885 James Albert Panton conveyed his half share of the business to Elizabeth Kittoe which became known as 'H J Panton & Co'. In 1889 the publication of a prospectus indicates that the business was floated on the stock market as a limited company. A draft contract was drawn up in 1889 to sell the business to Albert James Blackman, but this fell through. The Company was sold by Elizabeth Kittoe to Charles and David Faber in 1893.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019